The Geneva Centre for Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) and the Ministry of the Interior of Serbia are jointly implementing a project funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) entitled “Introduction of a Modern Human Resources Management Concept to the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Serbia”.
The project will be implemented over a period of 30 months with the overall outcome to prepare the Serbian Ministry of Interior for the introduction of a modern Human Resources Management (HRM) system through developing an HRM strategic framework. This will be achieved through a series of activities covering awareness raising, expert capacity development, development of strategic policy framework and capacity development related to international standards in the area of HRM.
In this context, we would like to advertise the following short-term consultancy vacancies. The consultants will be required to travel occasionally to Serbia to assist and advise in implementing activities.
Two (2) international Communication Experts who will be required to assist the development of a comprehensive internal communications process, including a Ministry intranet.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on communications issues (both external and internal) within the public (government) sector;
- Experience working at the strategy level and on internal communications reform efforts would be desirable;
- Preference will be given to experts with direct working experience with law enforcement agencies;
- Experience working in the Western Balkan countries, especially in Serbia, would be desirable.
Deadline for submission of applications will be end of working hours (GMT) 20 March 2012. Interested candidates should send their CVs and cover letters to the Project Manager Amb. Gregor Zore, email@example.com.
Any question can be addressed to National Project Manager Mr. Nemanja Milosevic, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Plan EU Office is recruiting a Communications Officer as a permanent position. This person will be responsible for strengthening the communications and media work of Plan EU Office by engaging the broader EU public on advocacy issues and raising Plan’s profile, primarily through communication tools, EU media and events coordination. They will support the implementation of Plan’s advocacy and campaigns targeting the EU for policy change around child rights and gender equality, working in a small and dynamic team in Brussels.
Plan Europe is a regional network within Plan International which links 11 national Plan organisations in European Union (EU) member states, and our program country offices around the world, with our EU office in Brussels. Our goal is to ensure that the promotion and protection of children’s rights is a priority in the EU’s development policy and that children’s voices are heard in the decision-making processes. Join us and help children, families and entire communities to move themselves from a life of poverty to a future with opportunity.
If interested in applying, please send a cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com with Communications and Media Officer in the subject line.
For the full job description please see below. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted!
Deadline for applications: 14 March 2012
Interviews: 23 & 24 March 2012
- To draft, implement, monitor and evaluate Plan Europe’s communication strategy;
- To provide an EU component to and support the communication and media work of Plan as international organisation;
- To oversee internal and external communication and media work of Plan Europe, including newsletters, website and social media, to reach out more effectively to EU target audiences;
- To develop media communication, including drafting press briefings, and press releases, their distribution to the target groups and monitor the preparation of press clippings;
- To strengthen Plan EU Office’s media relations as a tool to engage the broader EU public in Plan’s advocacy work;
- To monitor Plan Europe’s communication budget and ensure that all budget reporting requirements are adhered to and are of a high quality.
1. Experience and Knowledge
- At least 5 years of relevant communications related work experience;
- Knowledge of child rights and/or international development;
- Proven expertise in EU policy;
- MA or equivalent in a relevant field (Development, European Studies, Human Rights, Communication, Journalism, Political Science, etc.);
- Experience in international work environments and intercultural communication;
- Experience with media an additional asset.
- Excellent communication, networking, and inter-personal skills;
- Innovative and creative thinking in relation to communication,
- Proven excellence in writing and editing skills in English; an additional EU language an asset;
- Good knowledge of computer tools, web and layout design an asset.
3. Personal Qualities
- Independent professional to contribute to the overall goal of the organization;
- Flexible, willing to share information and to take up various tasks done in a small office;
- Managing all relationships inside Plan and outside constructively, diplomatic and with discretion;
- Sense of service for other Plan staff and the Plan Europe board;
- Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Some willingness to travel.
Attachment: Job Description Communications and Media Officer
More information: http://www.plan-eu.org/
ISTANBUL BILGI UNIVERSITY
Department of Advertising: Assistant Professor Position
Department of Advertising at Istanbul Bilgi University invites
applications for a full-time faculty position at Assistant Professor
rank depending on teaching and research record, starting in February
2012 or September 2012. Qualified candidates should have a Ph.D. in
Advertising or Marketing or a related discipline at the time of
employment. Successful candidates will have a strong record of teaching,
a demonstrated record of publications and strong potential for research.
Areas of specialization are open, but candidates with research and/or
applied experience in Advertising / Marketing are particularly
encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate
and graduate level courses and will have the opportunity to contribute
to the development of the department. He or she will be expected to
teach two different courses per semester and is expected to have an
active research, publication agenda.
Located in Istanbul, Turkey, Istanbul Bilgi University is a highly
reputable English instruction university founded in 1998. The University
encompasses three main campuses, and holds a strong position in the
academic environment at domestic and international levels. Since its
foundation, İstanbul Bilgi University has succeeded in establishing a
unique cultural and scientific community that promotes tolerance and
respect for different lifestyles, beliefs and ways of thinking, while
strengthening its ties with various segments of the society.
The University has approximately 14,000 students, 600 academic staff
members, 6 faculties, 4 institutes, 4 schools, and 100 programs; and
offers education to students at associate, undergraduate and graduate
levels. More information about the university can be found at:
http://www.bilgi.edu.tr . The Department of Advertising offers an
interdisciplinary curriculum that emphasizes communications theory,
marketing, strategic innovation, creativity and technology. More
information about the Department of Advertising is available at:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until
the position is filled. Please submit via email a cover letter, a vita,
and supporting materials (summary statement of teaching, samples of
publications and/or works in progress). In addition, three reference
letters are required. Please submit the application to Prof. Yonca
Aslanbay at firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>