Publish What You Pay seeks a Communications Assistant to provide support to the PWYP MENA office in facilitating regular communications and information exchanges with/between affiliated national members and the wider PWYP international network.
Applicants must be enthusiastic and well-organised with excellent communications skills and an ability to write with flair and accuracy. Excellent bi-lingual (English/Arabic) capabilities are essential for this position, given that Arabic is the principal working-language of these countries. French is a plus.
The PWYP MENA Communications Assistant will report to the PWYP MENA/Iraq Coordinator, but will also need to work in close cooperation with the PWYP international secretariat based in London.
Ensuring effective communications
• Set up and maintain a regional PWYP MENA list-serve to ensure dissemination of PWYP members’ news and achievements
• Facilitate regular contributions from Arab-speaking coalition members to the fortnightly PWYP international news update (in English); distribute translated summaries (digests) of relevant articles to MENA members
• Maintain and update the PWYP-MENA website with news of coalitions’ activities and achievements;
• Media monitoring, maintaining social media presence and news round ups in the MENA region;
• Promote more regular exchanges with members by developing the range of communications tools and modalities available (e.g. via PWYP intranet and online communities, use of social media, etc.)
• Amplify the work of national coalition members in the MENA region by documenting and publishing stories of grassroots activism, advocacy successes and coalition best practices
Support to Coalition-building and outreach in the MENA region
• Lend support to the PWYP MENA/Iraq Coordinator in responding to new members and disseminating relevant tools and resources so that they are fully involved in the campaign
• Set up and maintain a PWYP MENA region coalition contacts database;
• Facilitate ongoing learning for national coalitions and members through supporting the documentation of best practices and promoting peer-to-peer exchange
Integration with the international PWYP campaign
• Coordinate closely with the PWYP Communications team in London to ensure that the MENA country/regional pages on the main PWYP website remain regularly updated
• Support the organization of international/regional meetings organised in the framework of international PWYP or EITI-related events
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelors degree in a related field
• Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic;
• Ability to write with flair and accuracy;
• Excellent eye for detail;
• Interest in web design and social media;
• Highly organised team player, and ability to work under pressure;
• Interest in the global natural resource revenue transparency movement;
• Experience of using Content Management Systems (desirable);
• Editing experience (desirable)
One-year consultancy contract (renewable, subject to funding)
This position is a local hire, and will be based at the RWI MENA Regional Office in Beirut, Lebanon.
Please email a CV and cover letter outlining why you meet the criteria for this post, to: email@example.com. Please include in subject line: PWYP MENA Communications Assistant.
Closing date: As soon as possible